2.22.2009

Rugby match 90221

Yesterday I played a full 80 minute match on the wing versus Bay Area. We were pretty disorganized. Our midfield defense was soft -- allowing too many half breaks off first phase -- and our set pieces were spotty. Our pack did not get around the pitch very well in the first half and we kicked away too much possession... long kicks down the middle of the field that were not covered well. Other than that, we played fairly well. We lost the match 29-19 I believe. As for myself, I made my tackles, stole a few balls, had a few small breaks, and did not lose any possession in the tackle. Anyway, this was my first full match since 2005 so it felt good to be back. I definitely felt fast enough to play on the wing. This week is another step and something to build on for the rest of the season. I need to spend the next two weeks hitting the weights hard and dialing in on my diet.

No comments: