6.24.2008

Fitness Goals

In my days as a competitive athlete I never set goals for working out. My goals were athletic performance and injury prevention. I no longer compete but I still exercise for fun and general fitness. However, without competition I have no measuring stick for my progress. So, inspired by the Crossfit games, here are my general fitness goals:

> Run 5K in < 20 mins
> 25 pull-ups in a single set
> 10 freestanding handstand pushups
> Crossfit total > 1000 (combined back squat, standing shoulder press, and deadlift)

I think these goals are attainable but challenging enough to motivate me to new fitness levels.

1 comment:

MMAdrian said...

6/23: I'm going to do some sparring today at 3:00. The guys there have mostly kickboxing and tae kwon do experience. We'll do around 6 rounds, 3 mins a piece, just depending on available time. Tonight will be the real workout!!! I'll post that when I've actually done it.