6.27.2008

WOD 080627

When I saw todays WOD I worried about my right shoulder. Its been bothering me lately probably because I've been lifting heavier weights than I'm accustomed to and not warming up very well.

Today I jogged 1 mile and did some stretching and joint mobility (arm circles, bridges) for a warmup. My goal: to make it through the WOD without hurting my shoulder.

From www.crossfit.com:

3 rounds for time of:
  • Run 800 meters
  • 1.5 pood Kettlebell swing, 21 reps
  • 95 pound Thruster, 21 reps
  • 21 Pull-ups

I scaled this back and didnt keep time. My workout:
  • Run 800 meters (4:30,3:14,4:16)
  • 25 lbs plate swing (21/21/21)
  • 95 lbs thruster (11/8/8)
  • Chin ups (11/11/11)

My shoulder feels fine but I definitely tweaked my left biceps doing chinups instead of pullups. This concerns me because I tore my left bicep 2 years ago tackling in rugby. Oh well. Hopefully I wont have to tackle anyone this weekend.

In just two short workouts I will have completed 1 month of crossfit on my own!

1 comment:

MMAdrian said...

Nice work, man! Crossfit certainly has a higher frequency than I'm used to. I was supposed to lift on 6/27, but happy hour with some friends went longer than I'd anticipated, so no workout for me.