4.21.2010

CC 100421 - KB swings, snatch, thrusters, snatch, row

This was really a nice workout. I've missed a few days because my schedule has bee hectic with family in town. This was a nice workout to ease back into it.

In 15 minutes:
  • 10 thrusters, 115 lbs
  • 30 KB snatch, 55 lbs
  • row 1000m
  • 30 KB swings, 55 lbs
  • 10 snatch, 115 lbs
I started on the row because of equipment shortages. I think I would have cruised through the lifts if I wasn't so tired from the row.

My row has improved a lot. Instead of rowing at a 500m/2:20 pace, I was able to keep my pace under 1:45 until the very end. This is really a strength endurance movement. Pull hard.

The thrusters and swings were easy. The KB snatch was easy too now that I know to bend my arm and punch through the bell at the top. The snatches -- which i did last -- were hard. I power snatched the last 9 reps.

Anyway, I finished in 13:59 rxd, second in my class.

No comments: