9.19.2008

Touch rugby 080918

Thursday night I went out to the Austin Rugby club and played touch rugby. We played 2 20 minutes matches with 7 a side. We tied the first match 6-6 and the won the second 7-4. In the second match we played 2 men down (5 versus 7) in the first half and 4 on 7 in the second. We were actually up 6-0 at half time and narrowly held on for the win. Of course it helped that we had Dallen Stanford, the USA Eagle 7s fly half on our team.

It was a great workout. Even though I feel very fit from Crossfitting, I am not in rugby shape. The sharp accelerations, quick stopping, change of direction, and repeated sprinting was hard on the lungs and the joints. But I felt very explosive and quick. I scored a bunch of tries on long runs and on defense I ran down a bunch of long breaks to prevent scores.

No comments: