3.12.2010

Tikkun Olam

This is just a post to update the charitable work our family doing:
  • Tracy did a fundraiser for Haiti disaster relief at Sacred Streams.
  • Tracy and I did a fundraiser for Haiti disaster relief at Kula Yoga. We raised about $300 and donated through AMD's charitable giving program which matches at 50%.
  • I gave blood a few weeks ago. I was nervous. It took about 3 minutes and I almost passed out because it came out so quickly.
  • For the kids birthday, we took donations to the SPCA instead of gifts. We donated about $300 in cash and supplies to the North Austin SPCA. The kids enjoyed dropping everything off.
  • This week I am a volunteer judge for an Austin American Statesman high school writing contest. The winners get college scholarships.
I hope we can keep it up. I'd like to do some charitable work at least once/month for the whole year.

No comments: