6.02.2010

rugby 100602

I coached some handling and drawing fundamentals. It was nice to get these to work when they might have been standing around.

We did passing lines and walking pace, emphasizing technique. Many of these guys don't make targets or communicate. The also deliver the ball high, make high targets, and they are very active with the ball during a pass.

We worked set pieces and I felt that I really contributed during the scrums. We need to find a few hookers. A 7s hooker needs to be one of the fastest, best tackling, and best ball handling players on the pitch. I answered some questions about binding in the scrum.

On Thursday I'd like to reiterate passing and catching fundamentals. I also want to cover:
  • base ball bat
  • hand off
  • falling on loose balls
  • rhythm and pop passing
  • non-verbal passing queues
  • stripping the ball
I also want to warm up and get more of a run in myself. I need a little exercise on the pitch.

No comments: