7.12.2008

Twine WOD 080712

I've been trying to drum up some interest among my friends for the past few weeks in working out together. By together I mean either:
  • Using each other for motivation, ideas, and accountability
  • Sharing our workouts and posting our results
  • Working out on the same days and posting our results
  • Doing the same workouts on the same days and posting our results
  • Challenges where we alternate suggesting workouts that everyone else has to do
Last week my buddy Eric took me up on my offer. His workout:
  • For time:
    • 100 pull ups
    • 100 burpess
Today I did the workout with a slight modification:
  • In 30 minutes max rounds of:
    • 10 burpees
    • 10 pull ups
And per the instruction of my crossfit coach, I did jump pull ups as a bridge to kipping instead of regular pull ups.

In 30 minutes I finished 9 rounds. As a side note, I did the workout outside in 95 degree weather at the DPS obstacle course.

Another note -- I finished the first 3 rounds in 6 minutes. The last 6 rounds to 4x longer.

Thanks Twine for the brutal follow on to Fridays workout! I'm still sore from Monday.

2 comments:

HunRugger said...

Attaboy! I always do this one in the elements. I prefer dragging weights, heavy bags and med balls to my local middle school track over using my garage or gym! Sure, I look insane and setting up is a workout, but I call it my warm up.

Most of my 'Tweinified CF" workouts involve pull ups, pushups and running, unless they are strength specific workouts.

Good job.

For me, it's 2 weeks since my tweaked knee and it's no better, in fact I am having pains in the back of the knee now, so I don't know what I can/will be posting up. I am doing some dips and push ups, but still not cleared for my neck surgery for anything fun.

Keep it up Lieberman.

MMAdrian said...

Holy smokes! If I could even complete this workout, which is doubtful, I have no idea what my time would be.

That's awesome, Jacob!!!

I'll be giving this one a try at the end of this 4 week phase (current in wk 2).