7.30.2008

CC WOD 080730

Fran is an iconic crossfit benchmark workout, and one that I've never attempted before today. Its different than some of the other benchmark workouts in that its basically equivalent to a weightlifting sprint. Elite crossfitters regular post times in the 3 minute range.

Fran:
  • For time 21/15/9 reps of:
    • barbell thrusters (95 lbs)
    • pull ups
To do well at Fran your thruster technique needs to be very efficient, the stations need to be close together, and you really have to bang out the pull ups without stopping. I still haven't mastered kipping, so, not surprisingly, I had trouble with Fran.

I finished in 8:26, second in the class. Experienced crossfitters typically post sub 6 minute times. I had no problems with the thrusters, but the pull ups killed me. I finished 7 of the last 9 with jumping pull ups.

Anyway, it was a nice measure and fun to see where I stand.

No comments: