8.27.2008

Primal Fitness WOD 080827

Crossfit.com featured an affiliate in Washington, D.C. called "Primal Fitness." PF offers Parkhour, Crossfit, yoga, and judo. The run their affiliate out what looks like an old firehouse. Pretty neat if you ask me!

I browsed around PF for awhile and found their WOD:
  • Weighted ring/bar Dips-5-5-5-5-5
  • Weighted Pull-Ups-5-5-5-5-5
This is supposed to be a muscle up progression. I was also inspired by my friend Adrian's back injury from too much squatting.

Anyway, my workout:
  • Typical warm up (jump rope, push ups, squats, stretching, etc.)
  • Weighted chin ups -- 5 x 10 lbs/5 x 25 lbs /5 x 25 lbs / 5 x 25 lbs / 5 x 25 lbs
  • Weighted bar dips -- 5 x 10 lbs/5 x 25 lbs /5 x 25 lbs / 5 x 25 lbs / 8 x 25 lbs
  • Pull ups -- 5 / 5
  • Dips -- 12 / 10
  • 1 mile run (9:24)
This was a nice strength focused workout. I'd like to do more of these and a little less volume, especially on pull ups, because I think there will be greater benefit in terms of strength and less wear and tear.

No comments: